Floppy installation custom kernel support

This is a duplicate of a message I send on the 18th of Feb. I resend it because I did not get any response last time and the discussed subject is (IMHO) an important one; it can make things easier on the end-user side, it makes the installation procedure more charming and it sounds like an easy fix.

---

Hello list,

Installing sarge from the 20041118 net install floppies I noticed it
seemed impossible to choose a custom build kernel in theb stage
mentioned in 6.3.3.1 of
http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/i386/ch06s03.html.en
It says:

As part of the installation, a Linux kernel will be installed. At the default priority, the installer will choose one for you that best matches your hardware. In lower priority modes, you will be able to choose from a list of available kernels.

I had ofcourse chosen an expert install, since I'm having a little
vakation and wanted to spend my time on this installation. But I
couldn't find a way (not even by opening a rescue terminal and editting
the target/etc/apt/sources.list to contain the source of my
home-grown-kernel.deb...

I think this can't be right and the function of 'officially' editting
the sources.list should be inserted _before_ the picking of a
boot-kernel. It would have saved me some work since the default kernel
has a lot of dependencies and configurations my kernel has not, or even
conflicts with (such as a /etc/lilo.conf telling the system to use an
initial RAM disk).

Is there a way I can put this missing function on a wishlist? I would
like to see it included in the final version of the sarge net-install
floppies...

Kind regards,
Jouke