Success loading modules on sparc64!

Hi,

this is just a short summary:

First, I did all my test with the miniiso, since I do not require
debian-cd to build bootable images. (I do not understand debian-cd)

Problem: Moduleloading in busybox does not support biarch so it simply
doesn't work on sparc64 (see Bug #231606).
Solution: Pull in modutils-full. -basic doesn't work either, because
depmod is needed to build a correct modules.deb. Otherwise modprobe
doesn't work.

So, either fix busybox to handle sparc64 correctly or disable the
module-loading part of busybox for sparc and add modutils-full to the
initrd.

Another small problem I hit was the size or the ramdisk. Default is
4MB. While testing with miniiso my ramdisk busted these barrier.
ramdisk_size=8192 at SILO-prompt solved the problem. The rest of
silo.conf (devfs=mount rw and root=/dev/rd/0) is right, at least for
miniiso. debian-cd is missing these options AFAIR, but this was posted
to debian-boot before.

Last Problem:
bogl-bterm is not usable with SBUS/UPA graphic adaptors, the framebuffer
is something different to the others. joshk knows more about this.
adding 'debian-installer/framebuffer=false' at SILO-prompt is a
workaround. Consequences: Some languages cannot be print, I think no
support for utf-8 characters.
And at least the language-chooser-menu is not printed correctly.

Small glitch:
(I choose en_US and netinstall) When selecting the closest mirror
'Germany' is not at letter 'g' but 'd' ('Deutschland').

--
Jörg Friedrich