Re: beta4 status

Bdale Garbee wrote:
> The file overlap between libc6.1 and initscripts is still causing a fatal error
> during the debootstrap run.  I assume that means the fixed debootstrap wasn't
> used, and/or one of the libc6.1 or initscripts packages is out of date?  What
> do we need to do to fix this?

ia64 has an outdated debootstrap-udeb in testing, I'm getting a newer
one in for today's CD images.

> Additionally, I note that the CDROM driver modules aren't loading right.  On
> a zx6000 I was able to shell out and modprobe both cdrom and ide-cd, at which
> point CD detection worked and things progressed ok until debootstrap failed.
> I've studied the cdrom-detect source, but it looks like it only tries to load
> the 'cdrom' module and that only after it fails to find anything and interacts
> with the user.  What do I need to change to get the likely modules loaded
> before cdrom-detect's postinst does its thing?  I'd like to fix this for beta4.

It sounds like hw-detect is broken, it should load the modules.

I don't know if we can get this fixed for beta4, without delaying the
release two more days. Assuming we fixed it today, that is..

--
see shy jo