Re: release status

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 08:39:23PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
[...]
> There is not a lot of time in 3 weeks for a protracted string freeze,
> so I would like to know whter one seems necessary at all, and whether
> a very short one, such as a 2 day string freeze, would be enough to at
> least get the top 20 languages to 100%.

You are certainly right, but I would much prefer having a 1 week string
freeze to make sure that people will not be tempted to delay reviewing
of English templates until the last minute.  Developers should use to
take care of translatable text before it is too late.
If some programs (like partman) are in a hurry, their string freeze
might be shortened or even cancelled, but they should be exceptions and
not the rule.

Denis