Make bootable CD from downloaded iso

Hello,

I would like to try out the new installer. I downloaded the image file 'sarge-i386-businesscard.iso', but the INSTALLATION HOWTO is not clear on how to make this image file into a bootable CD. All I can find in six pages of instructions is Section 2.1: "burn it to a CD", and Section 3: "Put it into your CD-drive and make your system boot from CD". After some Google searching, I played around with the dd command, but still could not get the desired result. One problem may be that I don't yet have Linux running on the computer with my CD burner, so I'm booting from a Knoppix CD. I can only get the CD to mount in 'read-only' mode. Do I need a special CD burner program?

I would like a simple procedure to make a bootable CD out of this image file, preferably one that will work from a bare-minimum Linux system ( or even from Windows XP, if that is at all possible ). Thanks for your help.

-- Dave