Automated installation

We're using Debian at work that gets installed on our client's systems
and we would like to get to a point where we can insert a CD and walk
away from it while Debian is installed. Thus far I've done this using
boot-floppies, doing away with the front-end and use a shell script to
replace it that sets some defaults such as harddisk info, networking
info, etc, then use the debootstrap script and the 'woody' script to
install the core and base packages. It's not a pretty hack but it works
at least.

Then I found out about debian-installer so I was wondering if there is
something available to do an automatic installation without asking any
questions.

I did a search on this topic with the last being emails going alone the
lines of "it's probably a good idea to have this kind of feature in
debian-installer". Is this still the current situation or is more
information available on how to go about this?

Any pointers are appreciated.

By the way, I tried using yesterday's snapshot of the netinst ISO and
the installation didn't run. The base system gets installed, but it
aborts because debootstrap wasn't able to find 'sleep' and there seemed
to be problems with configuring some packages because dependencies
weren't met.

Is there a formal procedure I can use to report these errors?

--
Gerard Beekmans