Re: Building d-i

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 07:37:03PM +0000, John Goerzen wrote:
> I would like to help test d-i on Alpha, but it appears that I must first
> build the latest version since the builds are out of date.  Are there
> instructions anywhere on doing this?

Which builds are you looking at?

The images at http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sid_d-i/netinst/alpha/
are built daily at should be quite usable.  (The ones not in the sid
directory are built daily but are NOT usable, because there's a nice
catch-22 with "only packages for beta2 will be pushed into testing",
"only architectures that have good install reports can be considered for
beta status", and "ISOs built from sarge are unusable because they only
include udebs from testing". ;)

I assume that if we get enough good install reports (in the requisite
time period) for the sid images, we can get alpha bumped into testing
and begin testing the daily sarge images for beta2 candidacy.  Or if we
miss deadline foo, we shrug and make sure we're ready for beta3, which
looks like an easy target to hit. :)

Cheers,
--
Steve Langasek