Re: Changelogs and translations

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 12:27:09PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:

> > I must say I find d-i related changelogs really hard to read - it's
> > very hard to see changes made to the code because there are so many
> > entries about updated translations (take this as a compliment!).
> > Could we group all translations together?
>
> There's something to be said for having it in order, especially when
> code changes spur further rounds of translating. See the current
> base-config changelog for an absurd example featuring no less than 4
> distinct updates of the greek translation.

I have recently proposed a kind of a solution for the problem, which has
been mostly ignored by the audience in this list. Only Denis Barbier
responded something like "not necessary".

Here the link to the thread beginning:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/debian-boot-200401/msg01713.html

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko