Re: Gtk Installer

Am Don, den 22.01.2004 schrieb Matthew A. Nicholson um 03:00:
> Is the gtk-installer written in gtk or gtk2?
It is written in gtk2, but it is not functional atm. The developement of
the graphical installer was stalled to first complete the other parts of
d-i.
The problem with the graphical installer is, that if you do it only with
the debconf protocol it has no advantage over the current newt
interface. You can still only ask one question at the same time. There
were some ideas on how to overcome this limitations search the
archives).
I think we decided to not release with an inferior graphical installer,
but to finish the current work and to make a really fine graphical
installer afterwards which can also take advantage of the features of a
GUI. Of course we are always looking for people how help coding a good
graphical interface for d-i.

Gaudenz