Re: m68k port status

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 08:47:15PM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> I got to looking at the ports status page
> <http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status> and I
> noticed that m68k is listed as Booting amiga floppy and Building mac
> floppy.
>
> That's interesting because amiga doesn't have any kernel udebs and
> doesn't seem to be bootable from a floppy and the mac can't boot from
> a floppy. :-)
>
> In fact, listing what I gather how one can boot from the bf install.
>
> native hd: amiga, atari, mac
> cdrom: BVME6000
> floppy: atari, all VME
> tftp: all VME
>
> So I see building cdrom, floppy, and netboot. Should native hd get a
> different name? bf supplies a downloadable tarball for these subarchs.
> Should I call that config tarball?
>
> Further, I can't test anything but mac, so while I'll try to add the
> other bits in, somebody is going to have to test them. If no one
> volunteers here, I'll go looking elsewhere.

Notice that amiga/m68k could also drop amiga-fdisk, and use parted and
other libparted based tools now. It will benefit from the work i did for
pegasos which uses amiga partitions too, and has been tested on
amiga/m68k and amiga/apus by the linux-m68k folks.

If there is place, amiga-fdisk can still be included, but makesure the
latest version is used, since the older versions had some serious
problems.

Friendly,

Sven Luther