Translations and changelogs

Hello!

Considering changelogs: according to the current documentation, it is
necessary for the translator to update the package's changelog, being
aware of releases and that other error-endangered tasks. I, for my side, have
definitely forgotten to update the changelog somewhere :) So my question
is, wouldn't it be possible to make these changes automagically, at the release
of the package? I imagine it this way:

Each translation has a "PO-Revision-Date:"-Field. Each changelog file has
a "Release"-line with a release date in it. Can't we have a small script
(I guess, even I could write one), which parses these two dates (for each tranlation), compares
them and using a hash of available languages pipes the changes into "dch
-a" before the release. I guess this would work good enough and would be
just one additional command for the maintainer, while it would require the
translators to have 'devscripts' installed on the system.

The good thing is: PO-Revision-Date doesn't get updated by msgmerge, so
templates' updates wouldn't matter!

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org