Re: XFS support in d-i: netinst CD image available for download

Hi

Well, here's my experiences with the new installer in a nutshell.

The first boot went nice and smoothly, then while it was downloading packages, I was reading stuff about appropriate partitioning schemes and decided to change the partition structure on the install. So I ctrl-C'd out and started it again. Well the first hurdle came up when I tried to initialize my shiny new partition structure through the installer; it baulked and wouldn't initialize the first partition. Apparently even though I had removed all partitions and made the root partition smaller, the mkfs.xfs proggie wouldn't work with it because it hadn't been invoked with the -f option, so something to add the the install script there. ;-)

After low-levelling the drive(scsi), I tried again, this time when I was setting up the sources.list file, I had to press cancel to go back and fix something up(still in the script though), well now when it got to tasksel, that wouldn't work, even though I knew tasksel *did* work from the previous iteration. Another script bug i'd reckon.

Now, after low-levelling the drive again(see previous), I started the install afresh, made no errors, ran through the script in A-B-C fashion and all is working smoothly, still an hour to go before it's finished.

Apart from those few hiccups though, quite smooth.

--
regards
Robert G. Moonen

"After the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box."
                 -- Italian proverb