Missing packages on initial install

After completing my install using the Jan 3rd snapshot, I found the
following crucial packages missing, which I suppose may be caused by
their "optional" priority:

- hotplug

	This one is the prefered way to handle USB stuff, and without
	it my machine with a USB mouse, well... did not have a usable
	mouse.  Given that USB devices are more and more ubiquitous,
	and that it's non-trivial to make them work without hotplug
	(you know, hid, mousedev, etc), and that when installing
	hotplug afterward you have {un,re}plug your USB devices, or to
	reboot, to have them seen, it would seem reasonable to have it
	there by default, and installed early.

	Not having it available when it is referenced in
	/proc/sys/kernel/hotplug by default would be like not having
	modutils installed by default...

- gpm

	Maybe less crucial (esp. as the mouse was not configured ;),
	but quite standard in fact...  Maybe it's not included because
	it has not been debconfized ?

- tree
	Even less crucial, but I believe it is quite standard as well
	now.

What's to be done about that, assuming most people agree with this ?
Requesting priorities to be raised in the override file ?  Or is there
some d-i-specific action to be done ?

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique