Re: Hardware for d-i folks

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 02:35:49PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader wrote:
> Is there any specific hardware debian-installer developers could use
> to further test and develop d-i?  While I cannot promise that I'll
> actually be able to find what you need, I'll try my best.  But first I
> have to know what kind of hardware would benefit the development of
> d-i.  If you're a d-i developer and could use specific hardware,
> please contact me privately and let me know what you need and where
> you're located.  (Again, I cannot make any promises, but I'll try.)

FWIW, I had previously offered an out-of-service alpha to Mako, which I
guess hasn't had any takers yet. :)  The box was taken out of service
due to heat damage, and probably would need the RAM replaced (and
possibly other parts) before it could even conceivably be used as a
server, but it may be very usable for the kind of development/testing
needed for d-i.  And as I seem to be the only one working on the alpha
port right now, I wouldn't mind putting it in the hands of someone who'd
use it to help. ;)

(Location: Midwestern USA)

--
Steve Langasek