kernel 2.2.25 vs d-i

I'm trying to figure out if supporting kernel 2.2.25 in d-i is possible.

Why? Because I'm working on the m68k port on mac hardware. No 2.4.x
kernel ever really worked with mac hardware. There is some preliminary
2.6.x work being done, but I'd rather start with a known working kernel.

Here's my problem and where I go running out of my experience depth.

/sbin/init from rootskel uses mount -t shm shm mnt, which I think is 2.4
only. There error I get is.

mount: Mounting shm on /mnt failed: No such device

Is there a way to work around this or do I need a different scheme for
/sbin/init?

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>