Re: Installation Report (success)

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 04:59:37PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
[...]
> > * Choose a mirror
> >
> >     Strange sorting in the country list, Germany (de) comes
> >     before Denmark (dk) :-)
>
> Hm well, I think that is sorted at build time actually. That's worth a
> bug report..

In fact they are not sorted at all.  I tried something, but it did not
work.  This list must be sorted at build time (because LC_COLLATE infos
are not available at run time), and ideally should not depend on
locales being installed on build host.  For these reasons, the only
option I can think of is to use a dedicated new field in cdebconf, say
DisplayOrder for instance:
   Choices: DE, DK
   Choices-en.UTF-8: Germany, Denmark
   DisplayOrder-en.UTF-8: Denmark, Germany
this field being used to sort displayed items.  I still do not know
how to maintain this field (i.e. detect duplicate/missing entries),
but I will work on this when beta2 is out.

Denis