svn co either doesn't build (tag rc2) or appears to have a kernel/d-i mismatch (sarge branch Dec 18th)

Would someon else be able to do

svn co svn://svn.debian.org/d-i/tags/d-i/rc2 d-i-rc2

and verify that, from the d-i-rc2 directory,

./scripts/buildscript -r /usr/bin/fakeroot -rr /usr/bin/sudo

(after installing all build depends of course)

doesn't work and report back to the list so I know I'm not going crazy
and the only one who can't get it to work, and hopefully this can be fixed.

I just want to be able to have a work d-i+udebs!
The reasons I've not been able to get this to work are

a) if using d-i images from an installer-i386 directory on a debain
mirror (e.g. for r2), there is no list of which .udebs to use with it
b) in the case above not using the correct udebs frequently results
install failure because of kernel/d-i mismatches
c) if compiling from svn from above (d-i+udebs) there are still
d-i/kernel mismatches!

I'd really appreciate it if someone would at least indicate that they
have seen this email, and that either I'm way off base (and why), or
that this problem is being looked into.

I feel very strongly that the *rc2* checkout as above not working is a
*critical* bug because it means version control is broken.  The whole
point of a snapshot tag is to be able to get that version back,
*regardless of changes made later*.

If you don't believe me, prove me wrong by successfully compiling rc2 on
a clean system.