Re: Tasksel: how to create custom tasks?

On Τετ 22 Δεκ 2004 11:08, Christian Perrier wrote:
> (please keep christian.perrier@onera.fr CC'ed to answers as I'm
> currently out of access to my Debian mail)

[snip]

> How can I really build my own custom task?

I had the same problem and no matter what I did with tasksel and its
tasks it did not work. Eventually I found out that I had to create my
own task overrides list so that this will get used when I create the
Packages file.

Basically, you have to do the following:

* get the override.sarge.extra.main (found in the indices/ dir in any
debian mirror),
* modify/add the packages you want into this file so that they belong
to the needed task.
* generate the Packages file so that it uses your override file, and
_not_ the default. I use apt-ftparchive for that, but I suppose you
could do it another way. I attach the config file I used. You could
just run (I do it in the folder named CD which has the dir structure
of the CD to be generated):

apt-ftparchive generate apt-ftparchive.conf

Mind the Extensions directive in the config file. If you don't include
it, apt-ftparchive will scan both .deb and .udeb (and you don't
want .udebs in the Packages file).

That should do the trick.

If you want, I have a script here, which is basically a slightly
modified version of the one Finnarne uses for debian-edu, that I use
to build a custom-made cd with some extra packages (which I include
in the 'greek' task).

Konstantinos
Dir {
    ArchiveDir "/home/markos/Debian/debian-el/CD";
    OverrideDir "/var/www/localmirror/indices";
};

TreeDefault {
        Directory "pool/";
};

BinDirectory "pool/main" {
     Packages "dists/sarge/main/binary-i386/Packages";
     ExtraOverride "override.sarge.extra.main";
};

Default {
        Packages {
                 Extensions ".deb";