Re: localization-config uploaded (former locale-config-skolelinux)

On Τετ 18 Αυγ 2004 09:20, Christian Perrier wrote:
> It would be far better. I'm pretty sure that the message I
> forwarded to my fellow french colleagues will trigger answer like
> "why doesn't he use the settings from console-data".

because there is no 1-1 mapping unfortunately, as i said in my
previous email. And I guess that the only languages that are easy to
map are the latin based, I can't guess how different are languages
like Chinese, Korean, Farsi, etc.
And i can't find a way to provide also for other options like keyboard
(pc105, jp106, etc) or XkbOptions or XkbVariant. At the very least, I
would have to list these values. Of course I may be missing something
in the way console-data works, but in that case I'd appreciate all
possible help :-)

> In some cases, this may be tricky, but in most cases that will be
> quite easy.

For the reasons I've given above i find it difficult to have some kind
of mapping, though I suppose some less than perfect solution could be
found.

Konstantinos