Re: localization-config uploaded (former locale-config-skolelinux)

[Konstantinos Margaritis]
> Why don't we just use UTF-8? I've been using for Greek for more than a
> year and it's been much easier (and Greek is a difficult case
> anyway). And it solves all these silly problems of @euro and weird
> encodings. Not to mention it's more universal.

Ah, to boldly go there RedHat has gone before.

Nah, don't think so, yet.

There has been lots of UTF-8 glibc fixes the last year, and I suspect
more are to come as RedHat and others keep finding bugs.  And I know
from experience that using UTF-8 all over give compatibility problems.
Did you ever try to log into a Solaris box from a RedHat 9 box using
UTF-8?  I did.  All 8bit chars were messed up.