Re: choose-mirror debconf values

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Christian Perrier wrote:

> Reporting as a bug against choose-mirror could be a good start
> idea...:-)

Well I thought it was more likely to be user error, but I will consider
that.  :)

I thought that
> db_set mirror/protocol "http" || true

should more likely be:
db_subst mirror/protocol protocols "http" || true

but I still get prompted for ftp mirror information.

> You probably need to look deeply into choose-mirror.c and try
> understanding what happens there.

I did take a look at that, and as far as I can tell it looks at the
mirror/protocol entry.  I don't fully understand how debconf works, so its
quite possible I'm missing something obvious.

 Paul.

--
Paul Telford | 1024D/431B38BA | pxt@debian.org | paul@droflet.net
       C903 0E85 9AF5 1B80 6A5F  F169 D7E9 4363 431B 38BA