Re: how to use autopartkit in d-i?

On Aug 13, 2004, at 8:37 PM, Joey Hess wrote:

I can't think of a good way to do this automatically using the standard
d-i images. If you take a look at what debian-edu does with
debian-edu-install-udeb, you'll see one elegant way to do it that
requires building your own d-i images.

I did take a look at debian-edu, it seems to add some complexity that I don't need (or understand yet) but if thats the best model then I'll have a closer look at it.

 An alternative would be to just
leave partman off your custom d-i media.

That was my first idea, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do that. Where/how does partman get pulled into the image?

Thanks,

--
Paul Telford | 1024D/431B38BA | pxt@debian.org | paul@droflet.net
       C903 0E85 9AF5 1B80 6A5F  F169 D7E9 4363 431B 38BA