Re: LDAP-based authentication with the d-i?

[Fabio Tranchitella]
> Hi, even if I have not yet tried the new d-i, I'm very curious
> about this: can I setup an ldap-based authentication environment
> while installing the base system with the d-i?

As far as I know, this is not currently possible to do using the
installation methods in d-i.

I would very much like to have this as well.  We do this using config
file rewrites in debian-edu, but would rather use debconf preseeding.

Do you know the steps required?  Packages libnss-ldap and libpam-ldap
need to be installed, and the content of these files need to be
changed:

  /etc/pam.d/common-account
  /etc/pam.d/common-auth
  /etc/pam.d/common-password
  /etc/pam.d/common-session
  /etc/nsswitch.conf
  /etc/libnss-ldap.conf
  /etc/pam_ldap.conf

Your request is similar to the request for NIS configuration at
install time.  See bug #59988 for the status of a request for such
feature.