Re: Trying to installing an old mac68k

Margarita Manterola wrote:
[snip: Mac with 12 MB]
> It's an OOPS.  I have the screenshot on a digital camera.  These are the
> lines I copied from the screen:
>
>     Data write fault at 0x00AFF000 in Super Data (pc=0x214FC)
>     Bad Kernel BUSERR
>     (...)
>     Process Swapper (pid=1, stackpage=001bf000)
>     (...)

This basically says the kernel tried to write somwhere beyond the end
of the physical RAM (I guess when expanding the initrd), which triggered
the swapper process, which in turn fails because it can only map
userspace memory pages.

> If it's worth, I can post the screenshot.
>
> Ok, now, is there a chance that debian-installer might work on this? :)

I doubt it. The ramdisk would have to be substantially smaller in order
to leave enough RAM for the userland processes. The minimum configuration
which was reported to work so far was 16 MB, with removing much stuff
in the ramdisk manually while the install was running.

Thiemo