Dual-disk Apple PowerPC G4 Install report with beta4

I'm echoing Erik Anderson's previous comments on the beta4 ppc installer.

I also ground to a halt in the partitioning phase because I couldn't figure out how to create an Apple bootstrap partition (or how it related to the small initial 'Apple' partition - in retrospect, not at all).

One thing to check out: I could swear that the partitioner altered the partition table on the first drive when I was requesting a change on the second, but it's possible that I made a mistake. I had OS X on the primary IDE drive, and I was hoping to install Debian onto a blank drive jumpered as secondary. The Yellow Dog docs advise against this, and maybe the partitioner should get some smarts about this situation if it is actually problematic.

Once I repaired my OS X disk, I swapped their roles (primary/secondary), and tried again, but again couldn't figure out the boostrap partition business. I then tried out Yellow Dog 3.0.1, and the disk druid made it perfectly clear how to do what needed to be done. The Yellow Dog install went very well, BTW. I'll try Debian again later.

Kevin Murphy