Re: Request for review of partman-newworld

I am willing to give this a go in the coming week. How do I pull in the partman-newworld package into the netboot initrd image? Just add it to the list and all set? Or is there something else to take care of to make it do its magic?

I am now building all udebs (debian-installer/packages) and required images (debian-installer/build) myself, so I can just tweak around in the tree w/o effecting others.

Regards,

Pepijn.

Colin Watson wrote:

I've checked in partman-newworld, which wraps up the method for creating
the special Apple_Bootstrap partition you need to boot newworld PowerMac
systems. I've tested it somewhat, although not exactly with a
straight-through install or all error cases because I'm not in a
position to trash my current disk. As such, I haven't uploaded it to
unstable yet.

This was my first exposure to partman's internals, so I'd appreciate it
if a partman expert (Anton?) could look it over for any glaring errors.

Cheers,