d-i oldworld mac: floppies fail on 4400/200 and 7200/75

Hi.

I reported recently on my failure to use the d-i floppies for the 4400/200. I
tested the current (04/06/2004) bootfloppies on that machine and an 7200/75
(redundancy in floppy disk drives ;-)).

On the 7200, both ofonlyboot and boot fail to display anything on the local
console (but eject the floppy).

Is there anything I can debug this with?

I have the same problem on my 4400 now; on that machine, sprite's boot floppy
displayed kernel boot messages (and had the problems already reported, this
is why I tested on the 7200 with a new FDD now), but I have lost the image
and the site doesn't host the images anymore.

Also, the two most recent autobuilt floppy images have root.img and cd/
net-drivers.img, but lack boot.img and ofonlyboot.img.

Browsing the mailing list for an explanation/warning did not yield any
information, I might have missed it though.

Anyone have the same problems or have an idea what could be the cause/how I
could further debug this? We also have an 8100 and an IIsi (IIRC) lying
around I could test, too.

(No promises, but if a d-i developer wants those machines, we can probably
spare one or two - they would have to be fetched from Karlsruhe, Germany
though)

-Malte #8-)