Re: legal stuff about miBoot

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 12:00:21PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> 1.0d4 has numerous issues and will not work with recent kernels afaik.
>
> Why is there a problem using the more recent one ?

I have only succeeded loading "miboot.image" files. This is annoying,
because Debian kernel packages contain ELF images, which quik uses too.

miboot.image files boot, but the video is screwed (it looks like a sync
problem). It's not specific to the Debian kernel, the kernel distributed
with miBoot gives the same result. (It's a "control" video adapter in
a "Power Macintosh 8500/120" computer.)

I'm speaking about the System file on the floppy image shipped with
BootX 1.2.2, which seems to be miBoot 1.0a3 (both in the source and the
binary). I'm a bit confused with this. Is it really a newer version ?

1.0d4 reads gzipped ELFs and works perfectly, OTOH. We're using Linux
2.4.25, IIRC.

--
Jeremie Koenig <sprite@sprite.fr.eu.org>