Re: Translations and changelogs, SVN

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:40:09AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Peter Mann wrote:
> > i made 'dch -i' because of "UNRELEASED"
> > may i wrote info about translation into changelogs?
> >
> > in some older changelogs there was info about not updating changelog
> > with translation info - there was some script ...
>
> We've switched over to that system entirely, please do not update
> changelogs for translations anymore.

ok, i just read translations.txt:
Changelogs updates are not longer required because an automated tool
is now used when releasing packages.

> > -$Id: coding.txt,v 1.4 2002/07/02 06:53:46 tausq Rel $
> > +$Id$
>
> I think that this is an artifact of the move from CVS. The file was in
> the repository with the line:
>
> $Id: coding.txt,v 1.4 2002/07/02 06:53:46 tausq Rel $
>
> Since it it marked for keyword expansion, subversion seems to treat the
> line locally as being just "$Id$" when doing diffs, and so it sees it as
> different from what's the the repo and sends the change. I guess that
> will only happen once, it's got "$Id$" in the repo now. I saw this
> happen with some other files earlier as well.

i will commit next files with file specification (for sure ;-))
(no svn commit -m "comment", but svn commit -m "comment" path/to/file)

5o   Peter.Mann at tuke.sk
     KLFMANiK ICQ 12491471
         PM2185-RIPE