Re: Partitioner LVM issues

> I suppose that the following has happened.  Your original
> configuration contains active LVM volumes.  This means that the kernel
> is using /dev/hda4 and as a result the kernel is unable to reread the
> partition table.
>
> If I am right, the following should work:
>
> 1. Before you repartition, go to "configure LVM"
> 2. Remove all physical volumes
> 3. Return to partman and repartition as you wish
> 4. Go again to "configure LVM" and create whatever volumes you want
> 5. Return to partman and asign mount points, etc.

Weird procedure... Does this mean lvmconfig is unable to handle partitions
and partman is unable to handle volumes? The latter is logical, since
volumes
are an extension to the classical partitions, but it would appear
advantageous
to me if the partitions can be handled by lvmconfig as well, avoiding
elaborate procedures as the above... In my opinion the installer should
feature a classical partitioner and provide optional support for lvm within
this partitioner. The need to switch between two different tools is not very

user(or admin)-friendly.

Regards,
Stefan