Unsupported subarch powerpc/iseries - as400

Hello d-i team,

I am interested to add a new subarch "powerpc/iseries".

See my installation report 236581 at:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/debian-boot-200403/msg00631.html
>iSeries (also known as AS400) supports to run Linux in
>"Logical Partitions" as guest operating system beside the
>native OS/400 operating system. Processortype/architecture is
>64-bit powerpc. The Linux kernel for iSeries needs the
>ppc64 patch - see: http://www.penguinppc64.org/source.shtml.....

Some of the problems mentioned are solved meanwhile and with partman
also partitioning works fine.

The debian-installer I have built from cvs sources only needs to be
enhanced with:
      - archdetect with "iseries",
      - base-installer with "kernel-version for iseries",
      - some changes in pkg-lists for netboot/powerpc.
As long as there is no official debian iseries kernel I have to build my
own kernel package.
I also can create the necessary kernel and modules udebs easily with
linux-kernel-di.
Unfortunately some tools in busybox (like insmod) do not work with the
64bit kernel and have to be provided separately.

Please let me know the steps I have to go, if you consider this
subarchitecture to become
part of the debian system. As far as I can see, there is no big effort to
implement this subarch
and I think it would be nice to have it available in Debian.

Regards
Karl