base-installer hangs when it cannot find an arch_kernel

It seems to me that base-installer hangs when it cannot find an
arch_kernel kernel.  My install on a new MIPS system stopped at
86% "Selecting the kernel to install...".  Looking briefly at the
code, get_arch_kernel() seems to return an empty value if it doesn't
know the sub-arch.  It later uses that in a grep:

    arch_kernel=$(get_arch_kernel)
        kernels=`grep $arch_kernel $KERNEL_LIST | sort -r | tr '\n' ',' | sed -e 's/,$//'`

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com