Re: Sparc64 Netbooting

I've poked around some more.
I can at least get the system up by booting with the options
devfs=mount init=/bin/sh

Then I can poke around and try to run d-i by hand.
It keeps dying when it gets up to running /sbin/di-main-menu
as part of the S70main-menu-linux script.

I get a couple of
attempt to access beyond the end of device
01:00: rw=0, want=4488, limit=4096
etc.
and then the process segfaults.

As far as I can tell it's trying to write past the end of the ram disk.
I'd like to try and let it have a much bigger ram disk,
but I'm currently lacking TFM and brain cells to make it happen.

Tips accepted :)

Stuart

                      Thomas
                      Poindessous              To:       Stuart.Auchterlonie@invensys.com
                      <thomas@poindesso        cc:       debian-boot@lists.debian.org, stuarta@pasiphae.fsnet.co.uk
                      us.com>                  Subject:  Re: Sparc64 Netbooting

                      12/03/2004 13:03

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 10:25:30AM +0000, Stuart.Auchterlonie@invensys.com
wrote:
> NB: Please CC replies, I'm not on the list
>
> Warning: unable to open an initial console.

Ok, I found why. In initrd, /dev is not populated, and so there is no
/dev/console when initrd is mounted. I don't know why, maybe it's
related to devfs.

Anyone has a idea ?

PS : i did a mknod console c 5 1 in the initrd image and then my image
was working.

--
Thomas Poindessous