XFS support in d-i

Hi all,

As I do appear to be making some progress on getting an XFS-enabled d-i
image together, I thought I would give everyone a status update.  The
2.4.22-based kernel-image packages are now sitting in the NEW queue;
although no real support for these can reasonably be committed to d-i
CVS until they've entered the archive, I've also posted the packages to
<http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/d-i/xfs/> so that people can begin
working with them locally in the meantime.  I expect to also have
unofficial linux-kernel-di udebs together in the next couple of days,
which I'll also make available there.

That takes care of the kernel.  The other key ingredient, of course, is
d-i support for initializing new xfs-formatted partitions.  If I'm
reading the source to partconf right, all that's required for this is an
xfsprogs udeb that provides the mkfs.xfs tool.  I found some time over
the holiday to put together a patch for xfsprogs to provide precisely
that, which I will be submitting to the BTS tomorrow.  A few more days
should give me enough time to get initial XFS-enabled d-i images
together for i386, at which point testing will be most appreciated.

Cheers,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer