Re: [cdebconf] Backing up can't work if seen questions are skipped

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 06:27:47PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> Recently cdebconf behavior has been changed to not display already seen
> questions, in order to help non-interactive installations.
> But this change makes back up quite useless, because one cannot go
> back and forth without trouble, some questions are skipped.
> So I would like to revert this change, is it okay?

No, please don't revert.

cdebconf (like debconf) is supposed to defer writing of all "seen" data until
the end of the script, to fix this very issue. If this does not work, it is
indeed a bug, but the "do not display already seen questions" behaviour is
definitely not. :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/