Re: Install report

Joey Hess schrieb:

Fraser Campbell wrote:

I agree, though it will take some shell magic, since all I have is POSIX
shell, and the following command:

zcat floppy/initrd.gz > mnt/tmp-initrd

To get a spinner, it would probably have to fork off a program that just
spins, and then kill it when done. I'll get to it eventually.

IMHO this is a bad idea. Because if something fails it leaves the user in the wrong impression, that something is going on and he needs to wait. I think no indicator is better than one indicating "false" progress.

A better solution would be to watch the size of mnt/tmp-initrd with this forked programm and use that as progress indicator.

gaudenz