Re: PowerPC people please test the new build code

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 05:35:04PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
> >
> > > Ok i get this problem :
> > >
> > > touch mirror-check-stamp
> > > make[1]: Leaving directory `/debian/d-i-mrvn/build'
> > > make cdrom-image
> > > make[1]: Entering directory `/debian/d-i-mrvn/build'
> > > make[1]: *** No rule to make target `dest/cdrom-cdrom-boot.img', needed by `boot-image'.  Stop.
> > > make[1]: Leaving directory `/debian/d-i-mrvn/build'
> > > make: *** [all] Error 2
> > >
> > > Friendly,
> > >
> > > Sven Luther
> >
> > Ok, that needs to move into the arch specific depends.
>
> BTW, isn't it wrong that the cdrom is repeated in the dest target ?
>
> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther

No, that was right.

BOOT=cdrom, NEXTMEDIUM=cdrom boot.img

That ment a El-Torito image to boot cdrom and install udebs from
cdrom. But I confess its a bit confusing and made problems
differentiating and sharing common stuff so I changed the targets.

The configuration whats to build, what users have to be concerned with
is now in build/config/targets:

# General typs of images
FLOPPY_IMAGES=no    # all kinds of floppies
CDROM_IMAGES=no     # all kinds of cdroms
NET_IMAGES=no       # all kinds of netboot images (do we have more than one?)
DISK_IMAGES=no      # all kinds to boot from a host OS

# Specific CDROMs
CDROM_TINY=yes      # cdrom-boot.iso : ( 3mB) just booting via cd, rest is net
CDROM_NET=yes       # cdrom-udebs.iso: (20MB) stage 2 from cd
CDROM_BASE=yes      # cdrom-base.iso : (45MB) completly cdrom based

MfG
        Goswin