Re: Sarge netinst on Pismo

Uwe Steinmann schrieb:
Hi,

I just got the latest (14 Oct) sarge installer for powerpc and booted a
Apple PowerBook Pismo. It doesn't get far and starts flashing
the lcd when it trieds to load some kernel modules.
So it booted and you got to the language question first. That's at least something. :-)
All I can see is an error message about a missing usb-ohci
kernel module. There are other modules (mostly usb related) missing
as well but usb-ohci is the first one.
Strange. These modules should not be loaded because usb is compiled into the kernel.
The seems to repeat for ever.
So you are never thrown back to the main-menu? When some step is failing it should thorw you back to the main-menu where you can select to try it again or to do another step first.

What do the logs on tty3 and tty4 say? You can also use a shell on tty2 to debug what's going on.

Try setting DEBCONF_PRIORITY=medium at the boot prompt (as a kernel parameter), to see more questions.

Thank you for testing
gaudenz