Install notes

I have to go to work in a few minutes, but I just wanted to pass
on a couple things I found in a powerpc install attempt yesterday.

* In the partitioner display, there is no column for the names of the
partitions. Or maybe the issue is that for powerpc, the names are not
detected properly. Column headings would be very nice too.

* Also in the partitioner, when I selected partition 10 or 11 to apply
a filesystem or swap, the changes were made in the displayed table to
partition 1 instead. If those changes were actually applied to
partition 1 on a powerpc, it would wipe out the partition table and
then you would lose everything on the disk!!!

* When switching to console 2, then back to console 1, the display
is not refreshed in console 1. So it looks like you haven't switched
and can't get back. If you start hitting Tab, buttons show up over
the console 2 text.

* Maybe related: when I tried the Execute a Shell menu item, the text
overwrote the existing screen, and CR's were not displayed so lines
came out in a warerfall.

* After installation of extra packages completes, the next item
offered is Automatic partitioning! I guess it is because of the
dependency map, probably there should be nothing depending on
automatic partitioning.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People