Re: How to make confmodules abort?

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 07:37:54PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Denis Barbier wrote:
> > Of course (b) must be implemented.  Config scripts can register their
> > PID, e.g. by adding
> >    db_set debconf/confmodule_pid $$
> > in src/client/confmodule, which will automatically set
> > debconf/confmodule_pid to the right PID when config scripts are shell
> > scripts.  Similarly the debconfclient_new function in src/debconfclient.c
> > can also set debconf/confmodule_pid to the current PID.
> > IMO having a single value is enough, there is no need to keep PID on
> > a stack.  Comments?
>
> If you're going to go that route, perhaps it would be cleaner to put the
> PID in the protocol:
>
> PROGRESS START 0 10 $PID foo/bar

Okay, here is a patch implementing this solution.
I still have trouble with debian-installer, so I could only test that
cdebconf seems to work, but I am not sure it interacts well with other
d-i components.
Could someone please test this patch?  Cdebconf must of course be
compiled after applying this patch, and a config script displaying
progress bars must be changed, e.g. with anna:
  debconf_progress_start(debconf, 0, 2*pkg_count, "anna/progress_title");
has to be replaced in anna.c by
  debconf->commandf(debconf, "PROGRESS START %d %d %d anna/progress_title",
      0, 2*pkg_count, getpid());

Denis