Re: debian-installer/libdebian-installer/debian changelog,1.57,1.58

[Joey Hess]
> FWIW, I'm not sure why the new cvs commit mailer chooses to call pserver
> users "debian-boot CVS user", except that that is the new unix user
> pserver commits happen as. If someone actually knows something about
> administring CVS pserver accounts, please tell me what's wrong in
> CVSROOT.

I suspect you need the patched syncmail to solve this problem.  Or
perhaps a different cvs version on the server.  Do the new version
have this code:

def get_username():
    if (os.environ.has_key('CVS_USER')):
        return os.environ['CVS_USER']
    if (os.environ.has_key('LOGNAME')):
        return os.environ['LOGNAME']
    if (os.environ.has_key('USER')):
        return os.environ['USER']
# Code from perl, not sure how to do this in python
#    if (getlogin):
#        return getlogin
    if ('' != pwd.getpwuid(os.getuid())[0]):
        return pwd.getpwuid(os.getuid())[0]
    return "nobody"

For pserver accounts, one need to use the environment variables to
detect the user.