Re: gdb session

Am Fr, 2003-08-29 um 10.27 schrieb Davide Viti:

> I thought it would be very instructive if anyone would be so kind to send me
> a log of a typical gdb session...

Hm, I do not have such a log...

> last night a managed to attach gdb to the runninf process but had
>  problems with symbols and so on....

The symbols are loaded from the binary. You should compile the udeb you
wish to debug yourself (with debug information), put it into
build/localudebs and then build your installer image. Then run the
installer and attach gdb to the running process. Perhaps you have to
insert some delay into the udeb's postinst code so that you have enough
time to attach and set breakpoints.

Attach like this gdb $UDEB $PID, where $UDEB is the unstripped
executable (gdb loads symbols from it) and $PID is the process id of the
running process.

HTH,
Sebastian

--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6