Re: [Fwd: Re: Status for reiser support in d-i]

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 01:18:51PM +0400, Yury Umanets wrote:
> > > Okay Sven, can you point me that code, that should be moved from parted to libparted
> > > in your opinion. Probably I will agree with you. At least we will talk about something
> > > real :)
> >
> > What about things like this (parted.c line 1026->1063) :
> >
> >         for (start = start_range->start; start <= start_range->end; start++) {
> >                 ped_timer_update (timer, 1.0 * (start - start_range->start)
> >                                          / start_range->length);
> >
> >                 ped_geometry_init (&start_geom_exact, disk->dev, start, 1);
> >                 ped_constraint_init (
> >                         &constraint, ped_alignment_any, ped_alignment_any,
> >                         &start_geom_exact, &entire_dev,
> >                         1, disk->dev->length);
> >                 part = ped_partition_new (disk, part_type, NULL, start,
> >                                 end_range->start + end_range->length / 2);
> >                 if (!part) {
> >                         ped_constraint_done (&constraint);
> >                         continue;
> >                 }
> >
> >                 ped_exception_fetch_all ();
> >                 if (ped_disk_add_partition (disk, part, &constraint)) {
> >                         ped_exception_leave_all ();
> >                         switch (_rescue_add_partition (part)) {
> >                         case 1:
> >                                 ped_constraint_done (&constraint);
> >                                 return 1;
> >
> >                         case 0:
> >                                 ped_disk_remove_partition (disk, part);
> >                                 break;
> >
> >                         case -1:
> >                                 goto error_remove_partition;;
> >                         }
> >                 } else {
> >                         ped_exception_leave_all ();
> >                 }
> >                 ped_partition_destroy (part);
> >                 ped_constraint_done (&constraint);
> >         }
> >         ped_timer_update (timer, 1.0);
> >
> > Friendly,
> >
> > Sven Luther
>
> Okay, agreed, this should be moved to libparted. What is the problem. You can say this to
> parted-devel@gnu.org or directly Andrew Clausen. O fix it yourself and send a patch.

Sure, sure, it is not all that important right now though, and i have
more important things to do. Like finishing the amiga partitioning and
filesystem support, probably adding partition/filesystem attributes.

Also, i am in contact with Andrew over this stuff, and i need to pass
information from the partition code to the filesystem code (most
importantly the bloc size and some other info needed to find the amiga
filesystem root bloc) preferably by adding a PedPartition pointer to the
PedGeometries, but Andrew has not responded to my latest mails about
this issue, and i don't want to implement it before i get his green
light, and assurance that i don't do work that will never be accepted.

Friendly,

Sven Luther