Re: d-i and iBooks

Sven Luther schrieb:

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 08:06:56PM +0200, Thorsten Sauter wrote:

I guess thats the best solution to put all needed images in one udeb.
The makefile can copy all images into different directories on the
cdrom-image.

We will need some additional logic in the makefile. You have to list
all the possible kernel image names in build/config/arch/linux-powerpc
and adjust the makefile logic in build/make/arch/linux-powerpc

Ok, i will see if i can do that, altough the real problem is to build
more than just the vmlinux and vmlinux.coff images. I guess we could get
the images directly out of the arch/ppc/boot/images :
Sven, have a look at how Herbert Xu creates kernel udebs with
kernel-image-2.4.20-1-i386-udeb. He has an additional source package
for the udebs, which depens on the kernel-image. IMHO this is the best
way to package kernel udebs. You don't need an extra kernel build for the
udebs if you do it that way (even if kernel udebs change but the kernel stays
the same).
I'm not sure, but I think it could be better if these kernel udeb source packages would be maintained by debian-boot and not the individual kernel maintainers. Like that we would have better control over the udebs and don't have to bother
the kernel maintainers every time the content of some udeb changes. We could
also provide more unified udebs across all architectures. But I don't want to stand on the feets of the kernel maintainers. If they prefer to do this job, do it.

gaudenz