Problems booting from floppy

Hi guys,

I have decided to give debian a chance. So I downloaded the "woody" image
from the web, burned the CD. The problem is that my computer doesn't boot
from the CD.

So I've been trying to boot from the floppy to install from the CD.

I have tried the three floppy images I have found on the CD to no avail.

I am talking about:

    \dists\woody\main\disks-i386\3.0.23-2002-05-21
    ..    \compact\tftpboot.img
    ..    \bf2.4\tftpboot.img
    ..    \idepci\tftpboot.img

The furtest I have gone is with the first one, i.e. the "compact" one.

The last messages I am getting are:

Partition check:
hda: hda1 hda2 < hda5 hda6 hda7 >
request_module[block-major-58]: Root fs not mounted
VFS: Cannot open root device 3a:05
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 3a:05

Any ideas? How can I create this floppy to boot and install debian from
there?

I would be greatly appreciate on your input.

TIA,

-Marvin