Can't change running i386 Woody 3.0 to LSI 53C1020

Hallo folks,

I have several servers running with debian 3.0 (bf24)

No I've got a couple of new dual xeons with Tekram DC-390U4B
controlers. These controlers use the LSI 53C1020 chip.

Now I have to transfer the system but it doesn't work.

When I use the modules mptbase.o on disk, they can't be loaded from
modconf.

Now I have read, that some 53C1030 users took the 2.4.20 modules floppy to
install the system.

When I use mptbase.o from the 2.4.20 floppy modconf says,
that they were build for kernel 2.4.20 and loading fails.

My problem: I can't build the servers from scratch with these floppy
because I have to do other things in the next months :-(

What can I do to solve the problem? Is is it possible to recompile
these drivers for 2.4.18 (Where are the sources?) Do I have to change
the kernel to 2.4.20? Is this possible???

Hope, anyone can help.

--

 Markus Rupprecht                       mailto:markus.rupprecht@nefkom.net