Re: Building D-I - formerly Building boot images with boot-floppies on PowerMac

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 08:03:57AM +0800, debian@computerdatasafe.com.au wrote:
> On 1 Jul 2003, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
>
> > Am Die, 2003-07-01 um 14.40 schrieb debian@computerdatasafe.com.au:
> >
> > > I would need to build _everything_, unless there are binaries some place
> > > for oldworld powermacs. The build document is a little terse, and I
> > > don't see a list of udebs at all.
> > No you don't have to do that. Read build/README. Basically you have to
> > copy build/sources.list to build/sources.list.local and edit this file.
> > Then you have to call make cd_image (patch pending) or make initrd to
> > build installer images.
> >
> > gaudenz
>

> Okay, I  read that readme again and decided to try it on the basis that
> if it works but take a day it mightn't matter too much.
>
> Recipe:
>  - install the build-dependancies on the host system
> I don't know what they are, don't know how to find out so we'll see what
> breaks....

The build dependencies are listed in build/debian/control.in. One easy way
to have it check for you, is to cp debian/control.in to debian/control,
then in the bulid directory use dpkg-buildpackage -D -b. Although this is
not a normal debian package, you will still get the unsatisfied dependencies
listed. There is also a @UDEB_DEPENDS@ entry, which the make process will
fill in and download later based on your arch and sources.list.local.

>  - adjust apt sources (create sources.list.local - see sources.list)
> Did that.
>
>  - run "{sudo,fakeroot} make build"
> Kultarr:~/cvs/bf/debian-installer/build# time make build
> Makefile:83: make/arch/linux-powerpc: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target `make/arch/linux-powerpc'.  Stop.

This is the file that was committed last night.