Re: net image full

On Wed Apr 02, 2003 at 01:41:24PM +0200, Martin Sjögren wrote:
> mån 2003-03-31 klockan 04.04 skrev Erik Andersen:
> > > udhcpc works, but it needs a script to operate correctly.
> >
> > It works great.  Just drop this in as your
> > /usr/share/udhcpc/default.script file and you are good to go:

> And what would it be using the ip command instead? I don't know enough
> about this... :/

I just did a bit of testing, and the script actually works
this time.  :)

 -Erik

#!/bin/sh
# udhcpc script using iproute by Erik Andersen <andersee@debian.org>

# Remove annoying white space
IPADDR=`echo $ip|sed -e s/\ //g`

count_bits () {
	case $1 in
	0.0.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/0" ;;
	128.0.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/1" ;;
	192.0.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/2" ;;
	224.0.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/3" ;;
	240.0.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/4" ;;
	248.0.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/5" ;;
	252.0.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/6" ;;
	254.0.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/7" ;;
	255.0.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/8" ;;
	255.128.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/9" ;;
	255.192.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/10" ;;
	255.224.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/11" ;;
	255.240.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/12" ;;
	255.248.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/13" ;;
	255.252.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/14" ;;
	255.254.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/15" ;;
	255.255.0.0)		echo "$IPADDR/16" ;;
	255.255.128.0)		echo "$IPADDR/17" ;;
	255.255.192.0)		echo "$IPADDR/18" ;;
	255.255.224.0)		echo "$IPADDR/19" ;;
	255.255.240.0)		echo "$IPADDR/20" ;;
	255.255.248.0)		echo "$IPADDR/21" ;;
	255.255.252.0)		echo "$IPADDR/22" ;;
	255.255.254.0)		echo "$IPADDR/23" ;;
	255.255.255.0)		echo "$IPADDR/24" ;;
	255.255.255.128)	echo "$IPADDR/25" ;;
	255.255.255.192)	echo "$IPADDR/26" ;;
	255.255.255.224)	echo "$IPADDR/27" ;;
	255.255.255.240)	echo "$IPADDR/28" ;;
	255.255.255.248)	echo "$IPADDR/29" ;;
	255.255.255.252)	echo "$IPADDR/30" ;;
	255.255.255.254)	echo "$IPADDR/31" ;;
	255.255.255.255)	echo "$IPADDR/32" ;;
	*)			echo "$IPADDR/32" ;;
	esac
}

[ -z "$1" ] && echo "Error: should be called from udhcpc" && exit 1
RESOLV_CONF="/etc/resolv.conf"
[ -n "$broadcast" ] && BROADCAST="broadcast $broadcast"
[ -n "$subnet" ] && IPADDR=`count_bits $subnet`

case "$1" in
        deconfig)
                /bin/ip link set $interface up
                ;;

        renew|bound)
                /bin/ip addr flush dev $interface
                /bin/ip addr add $IPADDR dev $interface $BROADCAST

                if [ -n "$router" ] ; then
                        for i in $router ; do
                                /bin/ip route add default via $i dev $interface
                        done
                fi

                if [ -n "$hostname" ]; then
                        hostname $hostname
                fi

                echo "# Generated automatically by udhcpc" > $RESOLV_CONF
                echo "" >> $RESOLV_CONF
                if [ -n "$domain" ] ; then
                        echo search $domain >> $RESOLV_CONF
                fi