mklibs script problem...

I'm looking at mklibs.py tagged

debian_version_0_1_7, debian_version_0_1_6, HEAD

Note I'm not a debian user myself.  On my system (python 2.2.1 at the
moment) - Gentoo, I experienced some problems using the mklibs.py
script.

1. soinit.o and sofini.o were missing from my system, so I sent the
necessary patch to the Gentoo maintainer for glibc.

2. The script wouldn't run properly on my system - the problem was
basically it was looking for libc symbols in libcrypt I think (but this
was some time ago, I've been without the internet for a few weeks).
This is due to the glob function in find_pic and find_pic_map having a
wildcard in the glob.  I removed this and all was fine.  I didn't do a
diff - 2 char's were changed.  I include the modified function for
reference (glob.glob call).  I'm unfamiliar with python, but it seems
simple enough, so I hope i've not misunderstood the code.

Later,

Chris

# Find a PIC archive for the library
def find_pic(lib):
    base_name = so_pattern.match(lib).group(1)
    for path in lib_path:
        for file in glob.glob(path + "/" + base_name + "_pic.a"):
            if os.access(file, os.F_OK):
                return resolve_link(file)
    return ""

# Find a PIC .map file for the library
def find_pic_map(lib):
    base_name = so_pattern.match(lib).group(1)
    for path in lib_path:
        for file in glob.glob(path + "/" + base_name + "_pic.map"):
            if os.access(file, os.F_OK):
                return resolve_link(file)
    return ""