Re: [Fwd: Re: Mac SE/30 install problem]

> > > I tried the newest version of the bf on ftp.debian.org on a Macintosh
> > > SE/30. After the line about starting busybox, it went into an infinite
> > > loop displaying "bogl: don't know screen screen type 0".
> >
> > Known issue; please report this to cts@debian.org. I suspect it hits
> > machines with monochrome display (seen the same on my TT in an earlier bf
> > version).
> >
> > 	Michael
>
> debian-boot: Is there a known issue with bogl on monochrome displays? If so
> it has a negative impact on some ataris and macs.

Update: bogl complains about unknown screen type 2 with both 16 and 256
color display on my Falcon. Mono

> If bogl is fine, maybe its another kernel "feature" like the problem I had
> intially on my amiga which could be fixed by fixing the kernel.

The pixel format might be the problem:

include/linux/fb.h:#define FB_TYPE_PACKED_PIXELS	0
include/linux/fb.h:#define FB_TYPE_INTERLEAVED_PLANES	2

is precisely what I get for mono or color modes, respectively.

Packed pixel format is in use for lots of other hardware so I'd assume it
is supported in some way?

	Michael